Monthly Archives: September 2014
The European Day of Languages has been celebrated every year since 2001 on 26 September, as an initiative of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
Throughout Europe, 800 million Europeans are encouraged to learn more languages, at any age, in and out of school. Being convinced that linguistic diversity is a tool for achieving greater intercultural understanding and a key element in the rich cultural heritage of our continent, the Council of Europe promotes plurilingualism in the whole of Europe.
For the day, a range of events is organised across Europe: activities for and with children, television and radio programmes, language classes and conferences.
WHY DON´T YOU TRY THIS EUROPE TRIVIA QUIZ?
READ ALL ABOUT IT:
What will really happen if Scotland votes ‘Yes’ tomorrow ? … and how will that leave the rest of the United Kingdom?
Here MailOnline explores what will really happen if Scotland votes ‘Yes’ tomorrow – and how will that leave the rest of the United Kingdom.
1. What will happen to British passports?
2. Will England, Wales and Northern Ireland still be known as the United Kingdom?
3. What will happen to Northern Ireland?
4. Will Scotland be allowed into the EU?
5. What happens if Scotland is allowed into the EU, but the UK opts to leave in 2017?
6. Will English, Welsh and Northern Irish students have to pay tuition fees at Scottish universities?
7. Will Scotland get to keep the BBC?
8. Will Scotland be allowed into the Olympics?
9. What currency will Scotland use?
10. What happens if Scotland defaults on its share of the national debt in retaliation for not being allowed to join a currency union?
11. Will Scotland be in a different time zone?
12. Will Scotland have its own armed forces?
13. What about the nuclear weapons?
14. Will Scottish banks like RBS move to London?
15. Will energy supplies be altered for either country?
16. When will Scottish MPs be allowed to sit in Westminster until independence in March 2016?
17. Will the Union flag change?
18. What will Scotland have as its national anthem?
19. How will Scottish independence change the remaining UK?
20. Could Scotland rejoin the Union?
21. What will happen to my UK driving licence?
22. What will happen to Channel 5 in an independent Scotland?
23. Will people get the same benefits after independence?
24. Will Scottish athletes have to compete for Scotland or would they be free to represent ‘Team GB’?
24. Will cross-border train and bus services still run?
25. What about High Speed Two?
26. Will companies and farms still be able to brand their products as ‘British made’ if they are produced in Scotland?
27. Will intellectual property rights be protected?
28. Will the British and Irish Lions still exist?
29. What will happen to the Open?
30. Will Scots be able to vote in the general election next year?
IF YOU´RE INTERESTED IN THE ANSWER :
Broadchurch is a fantastic and refreshing British crime-drama that has been awarded with 3 TV BAFTAS. David Tennant and Olivia Colman lead the cast in this powerful new detective series. A small community in Dorset is rocked by the death of local boy Danny Latimer and DI Alec Hardy (Tennant) is drafted in to head up the investigation instead of local officer DS Ellie Miller (Colman).
As the investigation proceeds, the lives of the locals – from the Latimer family, to priest Paul Coates and mysterious Susan Wright are explored as they deal with the life changing events.
It´s British English and if you find it too difficult to follow you can also watch the series on ORORO.TV with English subtitles.
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO GO TO THE SERIES
I´m going to give it a try. What about you?
NOW THAT THE SUMMER SOLSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE OVER THIS WEEK AND AUTUMN COMES, WHY DON´T YOU LOOK BACK AND TELL US WHICH SONG WAS THE GREATEST SUMMER HIT? I BET YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC IN THE SUMMER…DON´T YOU?
WHY IS THAT SONG SPECIAL TO YOU? WHAT KIND OF MEMORIES DOES IT BRING BACK? THIS YEAR I ENJOYED “HAPPY” BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS . IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD AND IMMEDIATELY PUTS ME IN THE RIGHT MOOD WHEN I´M A BIT LOW.MAYBE YOU MIGHT BE A BIT FED UP OF IT BECAUSE IT WENT VIRAL AND IT WAS EVERYWHERE…..
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
This year my blog will be 7 years old! I started it in 2007-2008 after a training course at school.
I’ve used it in my classrooms since then in spite of the TERRIBLE cuts in education, the rise in the student/ teacher ratio and the increase in the number of groups per teacher.It has been a great and really rewarding experience for me as a teacher! I suggest every teacher and students to start blogging.
BUT….HAVE YOU EVER TRIED BLOGGING IN THE CLASSROOM? WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE LIKE? …..WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BLOGGING IN THE CLASSROOM?
WRITE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH BLOGGING!!
Pupils from Robin Hood primary school, Birmingham, worked with a film crew to express their desire to use their favourite technologies for learning in school.
Many people learn languages best by doing things, practising …but WHAT KIND OF LEARNER ARE YOU? CAN YOU MAKE ANY COMMENTS ON THE VIDEO?
DISCOVER YOUR LEARNING STYLE. TRY THIS QUIZ