“VOICETHREAD” COLLABORATIVE STORY (LOW B2, B2 C1)
WE ARE ON A DIFFERENT MISSION NOW!! AN ORAL COLLABORATIVE CHALLENGE TO FOSTER SPEAKING SKILLS…..
What is VOICETHREAD, anyway?
VOICETHREAD is one of the best free collaborative tools and IOS apps for teachers and students. This tool allows educators to create accounts for students without e-mail and offers a choice of avatars. Teachers can upload images, documents, and videos that are turned into a multimedia slideshow where learners and others can navigate slides and comment in various ways: leave voice comments with a mic or by telephone, create text, upload an audio file, leave a comment through a webcam, or choose a colored pen and doodle on the presentation. Many privacy options are available and the project is embeddable.
For this activity, you will contribute to a collaborative chain SPEAKING STORY.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
1st Visit the collaborative SPEAKING story for your group by clicking the link below. The story has already been started.
2nd To contribute to the story:
- REGISTER (www.voicethread.com) uploading your photo or an avatar and writing your name or an alias.. It´s free.
- CLICK on the link above.
- LISTEN to the entire story up to the last recording. NOTE: Your contribution needs to make sense and continue the flow of the story as well as relate to the previous post.
- To record your contribution to the story click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and then select webcam or the microphone, which will only record your voice. You could also upload an audio file…..Listen to your recording and if you like it, click on SAVE.
- Your contribution should be at least ONE MINUTE long. Add an image to accompany your part of the story (by clicking on the yellow square at the bottom right-hand corner and then clicking on the plus sign). This added multimedia should be an element you wrote about in your story.
- THE TEACHER STARTS THE STORY BUT….At least 6 additional people need to contribute to the story. It should be obvious that 6 additional people (STUDENTS) contributed.
After all your contributions the story needs to have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
There are apps to be downloaded both in your tablets or any other mobile devices
COME ON!! I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!