THE THIRD CONDITIONAL WITH FILMS (LOW B2)
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS FILM?
WATCH A SCENE FROM THIS FILM
And if only one thing had happened differently… The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
(FROM Movie Segments to Assess Grammar Goals)
A. Discuss the following questions with a partner:
- Do you believe in fate? Are things pre-determined to happen?
Or is it all coincidence? Explain.
- Do you think there is a specific day to die? Justify it.
- Have you ever seen/been in an accident? Describe what happened.
B. Had any of these things happened differently, the end of DAISY’S AFTERNOON would have been differently.
|1. daisy’s friend’s shoelace broke|
|2. the delivery truck moved moments earlier|
|3. the package wasn’t wrapped|
|4. the girl broke up with her boyfriend|
|5. the man forgot to set the alarm|
|6. the taxi driver stopped for a cup of coffee|
|7. the woman didn’t remember her coat|
C. Write the sentences above using past unreal conditionals.
||Daisy and her friend …….……..………. (cross) the street and the taxi ……………………………
D. Now watch the movie segment and check your answers.
Teacher’s Key – Activity 45 – 3rd Conditional
2. If the delivery truck hadn’t moved…
3. if the package had been wrapped
4. if the girl hadn’t broken up…
5. if the man hadn’t forgotten to…
6. if the taxi driver hadn’t stopped…
7. if the woman had remembered…
Daisy and her friend WOULD HAVE CROSSED the street and the taxi WOULD HAVE DRIVEN by.
IT´S A GOOD IDEA TO CHOOSE BOOKS WITH AN AUDIOBOOK AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS.