DON´T GET ME WRONG! (LOW B2)
“DON´T GET ME WRONG” IS A SONG BY THE PRETENDERS FROM THE ALBUM CALLED “GET CLOSE”
Here are some of the ways GET can be used:
- She got her driving license last week.
- They got permission to live in Switzerland.
- I got a letter from my friend in Nigeria.
- He gets $1,000 a year from his father.
- She got a new coat from Zappaloni in Rome.
- We got a new television for the sitting room.
- We got to London around 6 p.m.
- What time will we get there?
- When did you get back from New York?
- It’s getting hotter.
- By the time they reached the house they were getting hungry.
- I’m getting tired of all this nonsense.
- My mother’s getting old and needs looking after.
- It gets dark very early in the winter.
- Don’t touch the stove until is gets cool.
|get at||try to express|
|get away with||escape punishment for a crime or bad action|
|get by||manage (financially)|
|get down||descend; depress|
|get off||leave a form of transport
(train, bus, bicycle, plane)
|get on||enter/sit on a form of transport
(train, bus, bicycle, plane);
have a relationship with someone;
|get out of||avoid doing something, especially a duty|
|get over||recover (from an illness, a surprise)|
|get through||use or finish the supply of something|
|get up||leave your bed|
|get up to||do – usually something bad|
- He got on his bicycle and rode down the street.
- He gets up at 6.00 a.m. every morning.
- She got out of the washing-up every day, even when it was her turn.
- We got off the train just before the bomb exploded.
- We’ve got through all the sugar – can you buy some more?
- The children are very quiet – I wonder what they’re getting up to.
TRY THIS EXERCISE ON THE DIFFERENT USES OF “GET”
IF YOU ENJOY MUSIC, WHY DON´T YOU TRY LYRICS TRAINING TO IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS
LyricsTraining is an easy and fun method to learn and improve your foreign language skills, through the power of music and songs……
THERE ARE ALSO APPS AVAILABLE: LYRICS TAP (LITE)