TOM´S DINER (A1) (A2) 2ND PART
LISTEN TO THE SONG AND NUMBER THESE ACTIONS IN ORDER 1 TO 5.
- It´s raining.
- He´s pouring the coffee.
- She´s shaking the umbrella.
- They´re kissing.
- The bells are ringing.
LISTEN TO SOME VERSES OF THE SONG AGAIN AND COMPLETE THE LYRICS WITH THESE VERBS (-ing form)
come kiss listen look pretend shake sit think wait
- I am sitting in the morning at the diner on the corner.
- i am _______ at the counter for the man tom pour the coffee
- and he fills it only half-way and before I even argue
- he is ________ at the window at somebody ___________ in.
- “It´s always nice to see you” says the man behind the counter
- to the woman who has come in, she is ________ her umbrella
- and I look the other way as they are ________ their hellos and
- I´m ________ not to see them and instead I pour the milk.
- Oh, this rain it will continue through the morning as I´m _________
- to the bells of the cathedral. I´m _______ of your voice
- and of the midnight picnic once upion a time before the rain began.
- And I finish up my coffee and it´s time to ——–
HOW DOES THE SONG FINISH?
(ACTIVITY BASED ON ENGLISH FILE OUP)