WRITING COLLABORATIVE OPINION ARTICLES (1B2)
An article is usually written for a magazine or newspaper. The main purpose is to engage the reader, so the opening paragraph should catch your reader’s interest. Attracting the reader’s attention can be done in a number of ways
An article is usually factual and includes some comment, recommendation or opinion. It can be formal or informal depending on the target audience. This is academic writing, so you cannot use contractions, abbreviations, or colloquial language.
An ARTICLE consists of the following parts:
Opening. It is the general presentation of the topic, in which you also state your opinion clearly.
Body (two or more paragraphs, each presenting a separate viewpoint supported by reasons / examples). The first paragraph should contain the strongest argument or example. The second paragraph the second strongest argument and the third the weakest.You could also include a paragraph giving the opposing viewpoint supported by reasons /examples…
A paragraph consists of several sentences about a certain topic. It has the following parts:
- A topic sentence, i.e. an idea.
- One or several supporting sentences to expand on the idea.
- A concluding sentence.
Conclusion. It is the paragraph that summarizes the main idea (using different words) or presents a conclusion, depending on the kind of article you need to write. Some things to bear in mind:
- It should not bring new ideas.
- o It shouldn’t be very long.
- o It can be similar to the opening, but presented in different words.
(BY CRISTINA CABAL. Adapted) https://tackk.com/jvkmh1
NOW, WE ARE READY TO START A COLLABORATIVE OPINION ARTICLE: “IS TODAY´S TV WORTH WATCHING OR JUST RUBBISH?”
GO TO PADLET (BY CLICKING ON THe WALL BELOW)
- Click on the brick board below,
- A box will pop-up,
- Please add your name.
- Start typing your contribution. It should be an argument to be used in an opinion article
- You can add an image or a link to a video or sound clip to accompany your argument.