Category Archives: ORAL SKILLS
- IN ORDER TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR SPEAKING TIME / PRACTICE YOU MIGHT PREPARE IT AT HOME IN ADVANCE WITH THE HELP OF THE WORKSHEETS BELOW: LANGUAGE & FINALLY THE TASK (SPEAKING TASK) THAT WE´LL DO TOGETHER IN A VIDEO CALL
- TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED TO READ CAREFULLY THROUGH ALL THE SECTIONS UNDERSTANDING THE EXAMPLES AND LOOKING UP THE WORDS YOU DO NOT KNOW
- YOU COULD REFLECT ON HOW YOU COULD USE THE CONTENTS PRESENTED IN A CONVERSATION WITH ONE OR MORE PEOPLE ABOUT THE TOPIC
IF YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF DOCUMENT TECHNOLOGY B2
CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE OR THE LINK BELOW TO TRY TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. (Blog de Serena)
THIS IS THE VIDEO I USED TODAY IN THE ORAL MEDIATION EXERCISE ONLINE
TASK: (The Way Experience)
Andrea is your Greek friend with whom you have a close relationship in the distance, as she lives in Greece.
In her last mail she tells you she would like to find a job in Australia. Browsing the Internet, she has found a video from a recruitment agency, HireVue, which offers tips to prepare for online interviews.
As she will have one of these online interviews soon and she doesn’t fully understand all the tips offered in the video, she has asked you for help.
Watch the video that Andrea has shared with you and record a 1.30- 2.00 minute voice message (on Whatsapp) explaining its key ideas. Remember that although you communicate in English, Andrea is not as proficient as you are.
YOU CAN WATCH IT SUBTITLES WHEN YOU FINISH TO CHECK YOUR ANSWERS
FOR MEDIATION ASSESSMENT / TIMES etc…YOU CAN READ THE INFORMATION ON “GUÍA DEL CANDIDATO B2” informacion-puc-b2
¨The world of work is being profoundly affected by the global virus pandemic. In addition to the threat to public health, the economic and social disruption threatens the long-term livelihoods and wellbeing of millions. Governments, workers and employers will play a crucial role in combating the outbreak, ensuring the safety of individuals and the sustainability of businesses and jobs.Its impact could cause millions of job losses….“No matter where in the world or in which sector, the crisis is having a dramatic impact on the world’s workforce” READ MORE…
- WHAT KIND OF WORKERS HAVE TO CARRY ON WORKING ON THE FRONTLINE (THE ESSENTIAL WORKFORCE)?
- WHICH SECTORS HAVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST DRASTIC EFFECTS OF THE DISEASE?
- ARE YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY WORKING FROM HOME( TELEWORKING or TELECOMMUTING?
- HOW IS THE CRISIS AFFECTING WORKERS?
- HOW HAVE YOU BEEN AFFECTED BY THE SITUATION?
- IS THIS HEALTH CRISIS GOING TO HAVE ANY LASTING EFFECT ON THE JOB MARKET? OR THE WAY WORK IS ORGANIZED?
BASED ON AN ORIGINAL IDEA BY https://natalialzam.wordpress.com/
IF YOU CLICK ON THE PHOTO ABOVE, YOU HAVE EXTRA DISCUSSIONS QUESTIONS TO TALK ABOUT WORK
WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT WORK IN GOOGLE´S OFFICES IN SILLICON VALLEY
YOU CAN TRY MANY OTHERS BEFORE EXAMS
YOU CAN RECORD A FLIPGRID https://flipgrid.com/1a5d58d3
<a href=”https://www.freepik.es/fotos-vectores-gratis/fondo”>Vector de Fondo creado por freepik – http://www.freepik.es</a>
On 23 April, World Book Day is celebrated all over the world, as on this date, in 1616, when both Don Quijote´s author Miguel de Cervantes and British poet and playwright William Shakespeare died.
In Spain, this is a day to encourage reading and the enjoyment of literature in a different way. It is also a day on which the great universal writer Miguel de Cervantes is particularly remembered with the presentation of the prize which bears his name, the most important distinction in Spanish letters.
For writers, publishers and the reading public, 23 April is a red letter day on the calendar. The celebration of World Book Day is the perfect opportunity to meet your favourite author, give the gift of literature or buy that novel that you’ve always wanted at an attractive discount. What’s more, librarians, museums and other cultural institutions usually organise special activities to mark the occasion (roundtables, book signings, lectures, guided visits, children’s workshops, storytellers, concerts, public readings, etc…) An invitation to experience the world of letters in a different way.
The festivity of Sant Jordi In Catalonia coincides. According to tradition, on this day it is customary to give the gift of a book to men and a rose to women. Thus cities like Barcelona become transformed into an enormous open-air bookshop-florist’s, full of stalls with authors signing copies of their work.Cervantes and ‘Don Quixote’
“Now, though, with Spain in lockdown due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the entire country’s entire festival calendar has been shifted – and Sant Jordi will be celebrated on July 23 instead.
Cancelling it altogether would not only cause massive disappointment, but also put paid to a large slice of florists’ and book shops’ annual income, since they make several months’ worth of profits on that one day.
‘Social distancing’ will still largely be in force by mid-July, even though quarantine is expected to be over, but book sellers and florists have guaranteed they will take steps to protect the public’s safety.
And, in practice, Catalunya could end up having two Saint George’s Days – florists and book shops are encouraging people to celebrate their regional patron indoors, by ordering flowers and reading material online for April 23.
About 100 florists, mostly small, family-run shops or one-person outfits, have opted not to sell flowers online next Thursday as they are concerned they will not be able to avoid the risk of Covid-19 contagion.
But even though this spring is likely to be hard on florists, it could be that they actually end up having a bumper year – whilst it is estimated that, even if some opt to sell flowers online, they will not shift even a quarter as many as they usually do on April 23, it is likely that those who had been looking forward to the usual street fair will plunge into the July one with renewed enthusiasm.”
TRY ANY OF THESE OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR B1 OR B2 STUDENTS
B1: BOOKTUBER OR FLIPGRIDTUBER
B2: CELEBRATING BOOK DAY 2020 FROM HOME
ALL LEVELS (higher levels best)
TRY TO ANSWER ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS ON THE VOICETHREAD BELOW
- HOW DO YOU THINK THE SPANISH LOCKDOWN WILL AFFECT BOOK SALES THIS YEAR ON WORLD BOOK DAY?
- HAVE YOU READ ANY INTERESTING BOOK DURING YOUR CONFINEMENT THAT YOU´D RECOMMEND ANY OF YOUR CLASSMATES TO BUY TODAY OR TO READ? IF SO, WHICH ONE IS IT?
CLICK on the picture above or the link below and leave a voice (microphone) or a video (camera) message answering one of the questions:
Just click on the “+” symbol and record your message
WHAT´S A POLYGLOT?
WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOUT A HYPER-POLYGLOT AND COMPLETE EACH SENTENCE WITH ONE WORD WHICH
- Every language is an expression of how one______________ or culture thinks.
- “Polyglot” is a word that comes from two Greek _________: “poly” and “gloss”.
- The word “polyglot” refers to anybody who speaks _____ or_____ languages at a pretty high level.
- A “hyperpolygLot” takes ________ in knowing languages.
- You need a different skill range for __________ languages such as Latin or Greek.
- Tim is a beginner in languages such as __________ or _______________.
- Polyglots in the world are usually __________ than Tim, as a rule.
- According to one of his teachers, Tim is ___________ at learning a language.
- Tim believes that when you start learning a language one of the most important things to do is have a lot of __________ ____________.
- Watching TV shows or movies is helpful because it exposes you to the normal __________ of speech in a language and more __________ register than you get in a textbook.
- The ___________ has been crucial for learning languages.
- By learning a language you get a greater appreciation of society´s _____________ and its entire ____________.
- If you raise people with other languages, you open them up to ___________ _________ or ideas.
- As the world is increasingly ____________, you also give your kids more opportunities and connections for when they grow older.
- Nelson Mandela said “if you talk to a man in his second language, you´re talking to his __________ If you talk his mother tongue, you´re talking to his ___________.”
22 words: YOU NEED 14 CORRECT ANSWERS
IF YOU LIKE, YOU CAN WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN WITH SUBTITLES ON, TO CHECK YOUR ANSWERS.
YOU CAN PREPARE MONOLOGUES & DIALOGUES ON THIS TOPIC.
FIRST, YOU SHOULD STUDY & REVIEW VOCABULARY ON THE TOPIC (with the vocabulary in your book you have enough)
NOW, HAVE A LOOK AT THIS MATERIAL FROM THE EOI IN ESTEPA (SEVILLE)
- THE IMPORTANCE OF APPEARANCE NOWADAYS
- PEOPLE´S OBSESSION WITH LOOKING GOOD
- HIGHER CHANCES OF GETTING A JOB?
- JUDGING OTHERS BY THE WAY THEY LOOK
- YOUR OPINION ON PLASTIC SURGERY
How to submit a video to the Grid:
After ENTERING THE FLIP CODE (I´ve given you ) and selecting the green plus, BUTTON complete these 4 easy steps to submit!
- Tap to record
Tap the record button on the bottom to start. Add fun stickers, filters, text, and more. Tap the arrow on the bottom right to advance.
- Review your video.
Trim, rearrange, or add more. Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Take a selfie!
The selfie will be the cover image for your video (in case you don´t want your face to be recognized) Tap the arrow in the bottom right to advance.
- Submit your video!
Edit your name, add a tiltle, or attach a link. Then SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO!
IF YOU DO IT WITH YOUR COMPUTER, NOT WITH YOUR MOB ILE, IT WORKS JUST BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGE BELOW THAT IS LINKED TO FLIPGRID AND YOU CAN START RECORDING BY CLICKING ON THE GREEN PLUS BUTTON