Category Archives: PODCASTS
Stitcher is a smartphone app that lets you aggregate radio shows and podcasts, stored on your phone for on demand listening or streaming from the web.
Listen to over 65,000+ radio shows and podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, Android or PC -anytime, anywhere
Get the freshest episodes of your favorite podcasts and radio shows streamed directly to your smartphone or iPad – no downloading or syncing. From NPR’s Fresh Air to Adam Carolla, WNYC’s Radiolab to the Wall Street Journal, Rush Limbaugh to Rachel Maddow and more, Stitcher organizes and delivers the world of talk radio fresh daily. Listen whenever and wherever you want.
Create Your Own Radio and Podcast Playlists
“Stitch” together your favorite shows into customized station playlists and save them for easy access. Create a news playlist for your morning commute, and a comedy playlist for the weekends. Browse or search through over 65,000+ different shows, or select a pre-set station from Stitcher’s editors like Top 20 Comedy shows, Top 20 News & Politics shows and much more.
Discover New Radio Shows & Podcasts
Let Stitcher give you personalized recommendations based on your listening preferences. Enjoy This American Life? Stitcher lets you see what other listeners of This American Life also like to listen to – you’ll have new favorites in no time. Let Stitcher help you discover
LISTEN TO Mª ANGELES DESCRIBING A FAMOUS PAINTING BY RENOIR.
WHAT COMMENTS CAN YOU MAKE ON HER PERFORMANCE?
YOU KNOW THAT IN YOUR ORAL CERTIFICATE EXAMS YOU HAVE A “MONOLOGUE”. HAVE A LOOK AT ONE AND GET READY FOR IT.
TASK 1 : MONOLOGUE
•Please introduce yourself to the other candidate.
•You are going to give a short talk on a topic.
•Choose two or three ideas to talk about.
•You can add your own ideas.
•Talk for about 2 -3 minutes.
•Parents/ brothers/sisters etc….•How often do you see them?
•Things you like / don´t like doing together
•Family events / celebrations
THIS IS ONE EXAMPLE FROM ONE OF MY STUDENTS LAST YEAR FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO IT.
CONGRATULATIONS ESTHER!! YOU COULD MANAGE TO SEND ME YOUR PODCAST .
I´LL WRITE OR RECORD MY COMMENTS SOON. IN THE MEANTIME ANYBODY CAN DO IT FOR ME
WE ARE ON A DIFFERENT MISSION NOW!! AN ORAL COLLABORATIVE CHALLENGE TO FOSTER SPEAKING SKILLS…..
What is VOICETHREAD, anyway?
VOICETHREAD is one of the best free collaborative tools and IOS apps for teachers and students. This tool allows educators to create accounts for students without e-mail and offers a choice of avatars. Teachers can upload images, documents, and videos that are turned into a multimedia slideshow where learners and others can navigate slides and comment in various ways: leave voice comments with a mic or by telephone, create text, upload an audio file, leave a comment through a webcam, or choose a colored pen and doodle on the presentation. Many privacy options are available and the project is embeddable.
For this activity, you will contribute to a collaborative chain SPEAKING STORY.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
1st Visit the collaborative SPEAKING story for your group by clicking the link below. The story has already been started.
2nd To contribute to the story:
- REGISTER (www.voicethread.com) uploading your photo or an avatar and writing your name or an alias.. It´s free.
- CLICK on the link above.
- LISTEN to the entire story up to the last recording. NOTE: Your contribution needs to make sense and continue the flow of the story as well as relate to the previous post.
- To record your contribution to the story click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and then select webcam or the microphone, which will only record your voice. You could also upload an audio file…..Listen to your recording and if you like it, click on SAVE.
- Your contribution should be at least ONE MINUTE long. Add an image to accompany your part of the story (by clicking on the yellow square at the bottom right-hand corner and then clicking on the plus sign). This added multimedia should be an element you wrote about in your story.
- THE TEACHER STARTS THE STORY BUT….At least 6 additional people need to contribute to the story. It should be obvious that 6 additional people (STUDENTS) contributed.
After all your contributions the story needs to have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
There are apps to be downloaded both in your tablets or any other mobile devices
COME ON!! I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!