AS YOU MUST BE READING YOUR FIRST BOOK AND GETTING READY FOR YOUR ORAL PRESENTATION IN CLASS IN DECEMBER, DO YOU HAVE IN MIND ANY TOOL TO MAKE YOUR PRESENTATION MORE ATTRACTIVE?
GLOGSTER, SMORE AND PREZI ARE MY FAVORITE ONES .
- GLOGSTER (http://edu.glogster.com)
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE
- SMORE (https://www.smore.com)
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE
DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER TOOLS THAT COULD BE EFFECTIVE?
THE HANDOUT I GAVE YOU TODAY IN CLASS WITH ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAN ALSO BE DOWNLOADED FROM MY DROPBOX. (TASK: BOOK PRESENTATION)
COMPARE THESE PHOTOS
NEXT FRIDAY (NO. 24th) IS BLACK FRIDAY, BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN ORIGINALLY?
Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the USA, often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. In recent years, most major retailers have opened extremely early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season…
The use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. An explanation for the name was made: that retailers traditionally operated at a financial loss (“in the red”) from January through November, and “Black Friday” indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or “in the black”.
But before going on a shopping spree why don´t you try read this article published last year on THE TELEGRAPH?
WHAT ABOUT “CYBER MONDAY”? WHAT IS IT?
- WHY DO YOU THINK SPANIARDS HAVE ENTHUSIASTICALLY EMBRACED BLACK FRIDAY, A CONCEPT WITH NO TRADITION IN THE COUNTRY AND OF WHICH FEW SPANISH PEOPLE WERE AWARE OF UNTIL RECENTLY?
DO YOU HAVE A PHOTO YOU REALLY LIKE?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE YOUR PHOTO SPEAK /TALK?
- WHO TOOK IT?
- WHAT WAS HAPPENING AT THE TIME?
- DO YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS IN YOUR BEDROOM OR LIVING ROOM?
- DO YOU LIKE TAKING PHOTOS?
- WHO IS GOOD AT TAKING PHOTOS IN YOUR FAMILY?
- DO YOU LIKE BEING IN PHOTOS?
SO, CHOOSE A PHOTO YOU REALLY LIKE AND GO TO…http://www.fotobabble.com/
IT´S VERY SIMPLE…..
- REGISTER (SIGN IN) IT´S FREE!!!
- UPLOAD YOUR FAVOURITE PHOTO
- RECORD YOUR OWN VOICE ANSWERING SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE
- SEND ME THE LINK BY EMAIL
IT´S ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE APP STORE
I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR TALKING PHOTOS…
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE:
- WHAT DO YOU USUALLY READ IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE?
- WHAT CAN YOU READ IN ENGLISH?
AS YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO READ A BOOK BEFORE DECEMBER…..
GRADED READERS LEVEL 3 (1.000-1200 words)
- WHAT ENGLISH WORDS OR PHRASES DO YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT A BOOK?
Let´s make a list together !!!!
Have a look at BASIC BOOK PRESENTATION-2 and follow the guidelines
CLICK ON THE PICTURE ABOVE TO LISTEN TO MY VOICE
DO YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE A TV STAR? USE CUEPROMPTER TO REHEARSE YOUR PRESENTATION
- THERE IS A TIME LIMIT ( ABOUT 3.30 MINUTES) .YOU CAN TALK FOR 5 MINUTES BUT NOT FOR 10… IF YOU DO, I WILL HAVE TO STOP YOU. (NOT EVERYBODY WILL HAVE TIME AND I ALSO NEED A REST).
- THE BOOK PRESENTATION IS NOT A SUMMARY OF THE STORY. CONSIDER ALL THE ASPECTS IN THE PHOTOCOPY basic book presentation (A2)
- YOUR CLASSMATES ARE YOUR AUDIENCE, SO DON´T ABUSE OF NAMES OF CHARACTERS AND COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIPS. IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT THEY CAN FOLLOW YOU.
IF YOU USE DIFFICULT VOCABULARY, EXPLAIN AT THE BEGINNING.
- IT´S A SPEAKING TEST. YOU CAN USE YOUR NOTES BUT YOU CAN´T READ.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE STRUCTURE? LET´S HAVE A LOOK AT A JOKE…
TODAY’S JOKE _______________________________________________________
A man went to the optician’s to have his eyes tested.
The optician showed him a card.
“Can you read that?” he asked.
“No,” said the man.
The optician moved a little closer.
“Can you read it now?” he asked.
“No,” said the man.
So the optician came right next to him and said,
“Surely, you can read it now!”
“No”, said the man.” I can’t read.”
- LISTEN FOR THE MAIN IDEA . WHAT IS THE SONG ABOUT?
- WHAT´S THE LINK BETWEEN PENNY LANE AND THE BEATLES? READ ABOUT IT…
- THERE WAS A BARBER´S SHOP IN PENNY LANE ….. WHAT OTHER VOCABULARY FOR SHOPS AND SERVICES CAN YOU REMEMBER?
THESE TWO PHOTOS APPEARED LAST YEAR IN SPANISH NEWSPAPERS.
- DO YOU KNOW WHY? WHAT´S THE STORY BEHIND THE PHOTOS?
- ARE THERE ANY MARKETS NEAR YOU? DO YOU EVER GO TO THEM? DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE STALL)
VOCABULARY BANK FOR SHOPS AND SERVICES (PAGE 154)
IN MY OPINION THIS PHOTO REPRESENTS A VERY IMPORTANT MOMENT IN RECENT HISTORY AS A BUSINESSMAN WITH NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE USA. MANY PEOPLE WONDER HOW HE COULD GET SO FAR INTO THE RACE FOR US PRESIDENCY AND WHAT THE FUTURE WILL BRING…..
COULD YOU POST ME PHOTOS WHICH REPRESENT HISTORIC OR DRAMATIC MOMENTS IN TIME? WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THEM? I POSTED SOME EXAMPLES FROM MY STUDENTS BUT I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR PHOTOS…..
THE FIRST BULB (by JOSÉ MOLTÓ)
One historic moment for all the world… the first bulb! by Thomas Edison!
I ‘ve chosen this moment because, for all the people it was one important invention to live.
WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED (by JOSÉ SEVILLA)
For many Americans, “everything has changed” about what they buy, with people running out and buying gas masks, antibiotics, guns, new home security systems, or anything else that they think might protect them against attacks by demented foreigners who have targeted them personally for sacrifice in the name of evil. For other Americans, “everything has changed” in their recreational habits, because they no longer feel safe taking walks after dark, watching romantic comedies, or even celebrating Halloween. For such Americans, “everything has changed” because of the feeling that terrorist attacks could come at any place, at any time.
THE PILL by LOLA
I think a very important moment was the diffusion of contraceptive pills. It gave women the possibility of integration into society to compete with men. From that time, women could fight to get their place in the world with some hope of success. The brave feminists of XIXs. couldn’t reach their goals because they couldn’t get the control of their pregnancies.